Traction Devices - Traction Bars, Ladder Bars + 4-Link Kits
Competition Engineering continuously updates their proven products as newer technologies are developed to remain a leader in the performance industry. Below are some great solutions to consider when looking into purchasing traction devices for your street or track vehicle! Have one of our knowledgeable sales associates help you choose the right traction device, give us a call!
Standard Series 4-Link Race Suspension
Competition Engineering 4-link rear suspensions will give you the ability to make incremental changes in your vechicle's instant center (the adjustable point that determines weight transfer) for head-snapping launches. Designed for flexibility of adjustment to suit a vechicle's specific characteristics
- Allows increased adjustability over Ladder Bar
- 17-1/4'' long, 1'' diameter x .156'' direct threaded links
- Adjusting nuts for quick tuning
- 3/16'' thick mounting brackets stamped from cold rolled steel
- Includes chrome moly rod ends & detailed instructions
- Welding required
Ladder Bar & Link Kits
Competition Engineering's Competition Ladder Bars act as a solid connection between the rear axle and the chassis, taking all of your engine's power to the track, and allowing you to launch and hook up straight. The results of years of research and development, Competition Engineering's ladder bars are legal for all sanctioning bodies.
- DOM Steel Tubing
- Forged Steel Rod Ends
- Black Powder Coat Finish
- Additional Gusseting for Strength
- Includes Mandatory Front Rod End Safety Bra
Leaf Spring Traction Bars
Competition Leaf Spring Traction Bars are designed for Stock Eliminator and bracket race cars with leaf springs. A vehicle's stock rear suspension may be adequate for stock engines and street tires, but it just can't provide the traction needed for increased horsepower. These traction bars eliminate wheel hop and improve grip by applying the force (that normally produces unwanted axle rotation) downward. Sturdy 2.5'' x 2.5'' x .120'' wall steel tubing handles up to 450 HP. Bars are fixture welded to ensure a perfect fit for every application.
- Legal in all sanctioning bodies
- Fixture-welded bars fit perfectly
- All necessary installation hardware included
- Snubber under spring eye for maximum traction
- Developed specifically for Stock Eliminator & bracket race cars with leaf springs
- Square U-bolt bracket on front designed to keep from rotating during hard braking
- 1/2" J-bolts included where required (1/2" U-bolts supplied to replace stock hardware)
Slide-A-Link Adjustable Traction Bars
For street and strip, Slide-A-Link is a bolt-on traction device made of steel and proven to outperform conventional "slapper" bars. A solid-mount front plate is inside the original front spring pocket; it clamps to the leaf spring to positively displace torque that's transmitted from the rear axle through the telescoping bar and shock pad.
- Mounts to factory locations (no welding required)
- The adjustability of a 4-link allows tuning for better 60-foot times
- Special urethane bushing stores energy for more consistent elapsed times
- Fast & simple on-car pinion angle and preload changes using the built-in jack screw
- Includes lower axle mount pads, 1/2'' U-bolts, front spring aluminum eye bushings, and hardware