Trick or Treat - C6 Chevy Corvette ZLS3 Street Monster
Posted by Brian Scott on Oct 26th 2017
Mario's 2008 C6 Corvette featuring the RPO Z51 Performance Package may seem straight forward at first glance, but by no means is this just a regular production Chevy! Starting with the brilliant customized Viper Orange Pearl paint from Spies Hecker, the orange continues with carbon fiber fender vents, door handles, & pillar accents as well as custom embroidered interior pieces & upholstery.Mario went with wider ZR1 front & rear fenders that truly complement the Pfadt Racing coilovers & 19inch CCW billet wheels, giving this Corvette one hell of a stance!Under the hood of this 816rwhp street-friendly monster is a custom built 416 cubic-inch blown LS stroker from MCP Competition Engines packed with forged internals & a Mast Motorsports "Black Label" 12 degree, 6 bolt head.On top of that, a ProCharger F-1A supercharger drastically elevates the output of the stroked 6.8 liter engine.
WATCH: October '17 Showroom Feature!
Putting this power down on the street required a custom built transaxle from RPM Transmissions, Driveshaft Shop axle shafts, and 3.73 gearing, allowing a street friendly ride with the conservative 816 horses in the rear!Tuner Adam Brandt of Optimum Performance's made the magic happen on the rollers after they completed the drivetrain & fuel system installation at their Bethpage, N.Y. facility.
Check out the dyno video below!
2008 Chevy Corvette C6 ZLS3 Overview:
- LS3 Aluminum Block - 416ci; 9.0:1
- 6.8l Stroker w/ Diamond forged pistons, Lunati H-beam rods, Callies Forged Crank
- Mast Motorsports Black Label Aluminum w/ Manley 2.165/1.59 Valves & MCP custom hydraulic roller by Comp Cams
- ProCharger F-1A supercharger with 8-rib belt system, 16.5 psi boost
- Aeromotive A1000 external, FIC1000 Injectors
- RPM Transmissions Z06 6 speed manual, RPS triple-disc, w/C6 Z06 rear-end & 3.73 gears
- American Racing 2" headers and “X” crossover, C6 Z06 3" exhaust run open
- HP Tuners custom 2.5 bar OS, tuned by Adam Brandt at Optimum Performance
- CCW 505A; 19x11 w/ Nitto Invo (front), 19x13 w/ Nitto NT05R (rear)